When i set out to produce the three products that my client requested, i had to decide on appropriate software and equipment to make them but whilst also keeping aware of the costs. I decided to use an IMac instead of a PC due to the fact Mac’s are quicker, easier to use and an operating system that requires less of the processor power so the tasks can be processed quicker. I used Photoshop because it is an industry standard program that i'm used to and can use to a good standard. I also brought and external hard drive out of the budget because i thought i should backup the files somewhere else just incase the Mac was to crash and lose the files because that would be a major set back to my production schedule.
I set out to make the promotional material and ticket for the new Shropshire Rally Championship. I have used some aspects of other Rally promotional material such as the Monte Carlo 2007 Rally poster by using a graphic and not a photo. I tried to make the rally appeal to all ages. I made all three products contain all the important information and also it contained the main sponsor which the client said had to be included which was Monster Energy. The slogan throughout the final pieces being "Fancy a Dirty Weekend" is supposed to play on the sexually minded men and they can have a laugh but its subtle enough for the younger audience to think its just about rallying being a dirty sport.
I made a rough draft for the client to review. We discussed changes that he wanted making and how he wants to promote the event. We discussed improvement that could be made to all three products. The Poster needed more punch and movement because the car in the picture looked too still. The client said this could be done by slanting everything so it looked like the car was sliding around a corner, he also stated that the event needed a slogan and we discussed possibilities and came up with "Fancy a Dirty Weekend" for the poster and the programme and "Its Time For Your Dirty Weekend" on the ticket. In this meeting we also discussed the programme and we decided the same sort of improvements for the front cover because it didn't have enough impact. For the back cover we decided that the Monster Can was too big and that it needed to contain the free can giveaway. We then decided that the ticket needed to be changed so that it linked in with the other too pieces.
Overall, I am very pleased with my final products. I believe they have come along way from my original plans.Once i had finished there was some more things that could be changed if time permitted. The red writing on the ticket is too bright and could do with being pink so it fits in with the rest of the products. The logo on the front cover of the programme could still be smaller along with the Monster Energy Can on the back cover, also on the back cover the text needs to be aligned and slanted so it fits in with all the other text throughout the products.
I am very impressed with the out come of all three products and the client was happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment